Monday 5 March 2012

A Day of Holy Ghost Appointments

Tomorrow is my birthday, but I felt like it was today. God just gifted me a wonderful day with not just one, but two Holy Ghost appointments.

First I was at a train station several miles from where I live and fellowship, when I saw a lady struggling to carry a buggy down the stairs with a small child. I asked if she needed help, and she gladly received it. As I was carrying it down the stairs for her I noticed her speaking Swahili on the phone. It is not a usual language to hear in London, so I asked where she was from in Swahili and she replied Tanzania. That is when a sense of recognition hit both of us - she asked if I went to church in Walthamstow and I said yes.

It turned out this was a lady I knew that visits the UK rarely, who is the sister of a lady who used to attend our church. I met her once, but she returned to Tanzania shortly before her sister also returned to live there. We both knew this was much more than a coincidence, since God has called me to preach the gospel over in that beautiful land. She asked me when me and my wife would be coming, and by the grace of God that will be within the next few years.

The second event happened just after I had left a coffee shop where I was reading Apostle of Faith (Smith Wigglesworth's biography). Stirred by one of the best reads outside of the Word of God, I said "Lord, give me a sick person". Now that is a fair enough prayer, but I was in the middle of the richest place in the country at the time, Hampstead. Woe unto the rich because nothing kills faith like being able to depend on your own resources. Yet immediately to my left was an elderly Asian man unsteady on his feet. I asked him if there was any pain in his body, but he said he had none and even had all his own teeth! For 82 he did look quite well, but then he said that he was suffering from problems with his prostate.

Cancer was a possibility and as tears began to roll he said that he just wanted to be like a normal person. I asked if he believed in Jesus and he said he did, so as he put his hand out I took it and started to pray for that dear old gentleman. Mr Rahman gave me his number and I promised to give him a call to see how he was doing. I went off down the road lifting my hands in praise to the Lord that had given my such grace this day.

As an addition, I walked up onto the Heath to find a place to pray and eat my lunch. After praying I saw out the corner of the eye some little dogs walking towards me. Now me and my wife find little dogs very amusing with their personality, expressions and looks, so when one of the little fellows got his lead caught around the bench I was sitting on and ended up at my feet looking up at me, with almost a smile on his face, I had to laugh.

I felt the victory that he seemed to have as I patted him on the head! What a fantastic day in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment