Friday 18 May 2012

The Door Opener

I was just reading about Pastor Torey Williams from The Door in Spring Lake, NC, having a chance meeting with the future mayor while waiting in line at a store. A relationship developed and Pastor Williams was asked to lead in prayer at the mayor's inauguration.

I have recently seen such an open door, but have not really given God the credit for it as I should. I have held a burden for the nation of Tanzania since the almost the first day of my salvation (seven years ago), and have doggedly held the vision that I fully believe was given of God to see Tanzania washed in the blood of Christ and seeing flaming revival.

I posted recently about having a chance meeting with a lady from Tanzania who had attended our church previously while in the UK. Well, she told me a week or so ago that her husband has just been promoted to a cabinet position in the Tanzanian government. Unbeknownst to me, President Jakaya Kikwete was having a clear out of his government, previously riddled with corruption, and in the process promoted my friend's husband from a junior ministerial position to being the Minister for Tourism and Land Resources. 

What does this mean to a man who sometime within the next couple of years will be launched to Tanzania to start a work for the Kingdom? It is probably the sign that I needed, having recently been slightly swayed in the vision by a visit to Kenya and hearing the competing cry of that nation. I have been welcomed to my friend's home in advance and that will surely involve meeting her husband in the very city that I have been stirred for all these years - Dar es Salaam.

Help with housing, buildings, outreaches or permissions? I have no idea. But I do know that those God calls He also equips, and I take this as confirmation of His hand being on us and with us. We will soon see...

No comments:

Post a Comment