Monday 27 February 2012

Power Present to Heal

Luke 5:17 And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them


This Saturday gone we were on the streets once again to witness and promote our event 'Poetic Justice'. A good crowd gathered as the CYA (Christ Youth Alliance) presented drama and dance, and standing their talking to one of our evangelists I noticed a young boy going about on crutches.

I could see from his general mobility and joy that this was a temporary injury - he flew around on those crutches with the confidence of someone who knows once they're better they'll be flying around even faster. My heart was immediately burdened for him, knowing that child-like faith can see great miracles, and I went over to ask him how he ended up on crutches. Anthony told me that he is a keen skateboarder and after a friend dared him £20 to do a particularly difficult trick he ended up falling and dislocating his knee (the friend still gave him the £20!). I suggested we pray and that God would heal him.

He told me that his leg hurt when he stretched it out, but after a simple prayer of faith and laying hands on that knee an unmistakable smile of joy came across his face as he declared to me 'it doesn't hurt any more!' As I told him that Jesus had healed him he shouted 'I'm going to tell my mum' and flew off to find his mum in the market place. Although I didn't see that dear young man at the event that night, I can see the joy he would have had as he declared the works of the Lord to an astonished mother! Hallelujah!

To top that off we saw five souls saved that night! God is good and Jesus is sweeter every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment