Tuesday 31 January 2012

Revival in Kenya

Just got back from an unforgettable trip to Kenya.

Too much to really express, but the highlight for me was getting to preach and pray for the sick in Kibera, a city within a city in Nairobi and Africa's largest slum. 1.5 million people live in poverty, but despite this and maybe because of this, there is a huge response to the gospel there.

After holding pastors seminars in Nakuru and a Wednesday night crusade in the slums there we travelled back to Nairobi and The Door church at Kibera for Saturday and Sunday night crusades, which had begun mid-week. My pastor preached at the church building in the morning, where I was able to give my testimony, and then we headed to the Kibera slums for the evening.

I prayed for many sick people, who were all healed and I would say over 60 people answered the altar call. In total 430 souls were saved during the crusade - powerful! It really is happening in Kenya and I've always felt it's the most fruitful place in the world.

More stories to come, but my heart truly is stirred for this nation and pray God would have me be a missionary in East Africa one day.

Mungu akubariki!

No comments:

Post a Comment