Wednesday 25 May 2011

Showing the Love of God

The other day before leading our Saturday outreach I had a bit of time.

I decided to head down to the town square to do a bit of pre-witnessing witnessing, just to check out what was happening and to give me something to encourage the people who came along to outreach with.

I sat down next to a Pakistani man and asked what he was doing. It is a great way of getting into a witness, if you have the time, by simply asking someone what they are up to that day. As we began to talk he revealed that he had been in the country three weeks and was facing losing his accomodation - he also had no job and thus no money.

He began to open up to me and revealed that his family were unable to help as they were all in Pakistan - his father being old and disabled and his mother having died when he was eight years old. I felt the Holy Spirit prompting me not to jam him about sin but to tell him about the love of God. As this dear man continued to talk tears suddenly started to stream down his face as he cried 'I miss my mother'. Tears of compassion from Jesus rolled down my face also. I put my arm around his shoulder and gave him a comforting embrace. I then prayed for God's peace to touch him.

This dear man would not accept any money to help him out, but thanked me sincerely for speaking to him and praying for him. I knew that God had done more in that witness than a hundred debates with hard-hearted people. We exchanged numbers as I told him God sent me to him today. He testified that he felt an incredible peace after I prayed for him and we left with a friendly embrace and a promise to stay in touch - praise God for that amazing opportunity to touch someone's life with the love of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment