Saturday 21 July 2012

Never Too Old to Be Healed

The other week I prayed for an elderly man that attends our church. He had had a knee replacement ten years previously, and now at 83 years young it was playing up again and bringing him pain.

He had been to the doctors and the hospital had told him that he was too old to perform the procedure on. I am not sure whether this was because they thought he wouldn't last long and therefore it was a waste of money, or whether it just wasn't possible at his age. Either way, I said that we'd have to trust in the great physician and ask Jesus to do what the doctors couldn't, or wouldn't, do.

I saw him a few days later and he said that the pain he had in the knee was completely gone! He said that I must have the healing touch, but I pointed him straight to the power and grace of God. He said that since his knee got healed I better pray for his carpal tunnel syndrome in his wrists! I am now waiting to hear another victory report. Jesus Christ: the same yesterday, today and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment