Tuesday 9 August 2011

Grace Abounds

Romans 5:20 - 'But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound'

The madness that is going on as this country is reaping what it has sowed in immorality, an unbridled media and secular humanism, is causing an openess in hearts of people unto truth. I believe we are on the cusp of revival if we seriously get in prayer and be ready to give an asnwer for the hope that is within us in bold evangelism.

I was preaching outside Walthamstow central station yesterday afternoon as my heart boiled over at a godless generation of mainly black youth. As I was preaching about the amorality of last days Britain and the fact that looters to politicians must all stand before the living God, I noticed that a lot more people were open and listening than one would normally observe.

In particular, there were three muslims that stood transfixed. Two young men, probably in their mid-twenties and a woman, all dressed in traditional muslim attire. When I finished I asked them what they thought about what I said. One of the men replied that It was very good and that I was speaking truth. I then asked them what they thought of Jesus Christ. He responded that they believed He was a prophet. I then asked if they knew what He had said. The spokesman for the group said that Jesus had taught 'we should be good people'. I could clearly see these were good people who were hungry for truth and were not full of the usual automated rebuttals to Christianity that we normally experience.

I then said to him 'no He didn't say that', and then began to expound the gospel through the need to be born again of Christ and the provision of a blood sacrifice in the Lamb of God, telling them that this was the testimony of Isa al-Masih (Jesus the Messiah) through the Injil (the gospel - language they could understand and place within their theology).

My wife arrived and I had to go, but I shook their hands (not the lady's!) knowing that an awesome seed had been planted in their hearts through the sight of someone zealously proclaiming truth.

Later that evenining we had a call from a frightened new convert - she handed the phone to her fiance, who I was able to lead to Christ over the phone. I really see revival around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment